How to fill the online health insurance application form of Coracle?

Spread the love

There has been numerous queries among students on how to correctly fill the online TK application form of Coracle. We hope this blog gives a good clarity and information.

You can apply for TK health insurance through our insurance partner (coracle) here. Our partnership makes it possible to do the process completely online at no additional costs . Below is the step by step process on filling the application for TK health insurance,

Personal Information: Fill up the information according to the details given in your passport.

Admission details: Provide information on your admitted university, course and the approximate start of semester. Also include the details on how many semesters you have already completed as part of your studies. For e.g. if in your bachelors studies at your home country, you did 8 semesters, select 8 as the number of semesters studied.

Bank details and uploading of documents: Provide information on the blocked account (DB/Kotak) and also upload documents such as admit letter, passport copy, blocked account confirmation and a passport size photograph.

Sign and send your application: Once you send your online application, you will get the TK healh insurance confirmation in 1-2 working days. The confirmation is faster if you digitally sign instead of uploading your signature. Your insurance card will be ready by the time you reach Germany.


Travel insurance is needed for visa purposes at your home country. It is possible to get your FREE travel insurance from German travel insurance company ERV at no additional cost. This is an amazing opportunity for students to save 25 Euro!!  Just check the box  where they ask if you want to apply for a FREE travel insurance and provide your travel date as well as passport number.

You can apply for both health insurance and free travel insurance here

If you have further questions.Kindly go through the FAQs or ask a query in fs2ym community or join our WhatsApp group by messaging here

Frequently Asked Questions

1.  Can I use my travel insurance for enrollment?

The travel insurance or any other type of insurances taken outside European Union is not accepted for enrollment at the university.

All non-EU students (age <30) must take German Public Health Insurance to enroll at the university.

2. I have some health issues, will it be covered?

YES. All the existing medical problems will be covered by Public Health Insurance.

3. When do I have to start paying?

You start to pay only after your arrival ie. after semester start. The first premium will be booked on 15th of the following month of your arrival.

4. Can I change my university after getting the insurance confirmation?

YES. Insurance is independent of University or the city. It is valid all over Germany. This is valid even if u move to different city later of internship or thesis.

5. Is there any process that needs to be done after reaching Germany?

You will have to update your address and student enrollment certificate in the portal (portal link will be provided with confirmation email). Once you update the address, TK will send the insurance card via post.

Spread the love

Comments are closed.

diam Aenean eget elementum tristique sed