Insights & Inputs from my job search experience in Germany | Loukik Modi
In this short blog/article, Mr. Loukik Modi lists down few of the inputs and insights into securing a job in Germany. After graduating with a masters, Loukik is currently employed with Accenture Germany.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
- The economy & different industries are going through a crucial transition period. In such times, cost
cutting is at its peak & students, freshers face the maximum brunt
- Internship & Job are completely different things, there’s much more at stake for the companies & hence
the whole process is usually more challenging.
PREPARATION IS THE KEY
- Start your job search as early as possible. No one knows how many applications one would need, it
could be just 5 or 1000.
- Prepare your documents- CV & Cover Letter as best as you can. Dedicate sufficient time & efforts for
it. Previous articles regarding this can give more insights. The documents for job search have to be better
& improved versions of your documents you had earlier.
- Depending on the response to your applications, improve yourself accordingly.
- Accept the reality & situation the way it is & only then there would be any scope for improvement.
Acceptance includes acknowledgement of the fact that the best that you gave wasn’t enough in that context
& hence learning from it is a necessity.
- Update your documents every 3 weeks. Updating includes learning new things, doing online courses,
strengthening your profile, making your documents more better.
- As time passes by, Belief | Patience | Persistence would be needed the most & they’ll drive you
towards your goal.
- You have to be positive & hopeful that you’ll achieve your goal, if not now after some time period. In
difficult times of rejections, it is crucial to remain confident, believe in yourself, your strengths & capabilities
and at the same time improve where it is needed.
- Your profile, your experiences & your background are of paramount importance. But it’s not about you &
that’s not how the system functions. You have to think from their perspective, you should have keywords
that the position has, you should try & express yourself in a way that your future employer finds it useful.
- The culture that has been developed over time, doesn’t give you the direction where you are lacking &
where you need to improve. Hence, identifying & assessing your weaknesses is a skill that needs to be
- The cultural difference also plays a much more important role than it would have in your previous
experiences. Being specific & talking to the point is, I believe, difficult for us but is important in this
part of the world.
- In difficult times, talking to people & having discussions would definitely be helpful in some or the other
way. So be in touch with your friends & also reach out to others that could guide you.
- Ultimately introspection & self-reflection would be crucial for understanding yourself & improving
- Patience & Persistence involve not giving up even in the most adverse situations, backing yourself to do
better the next time, working hard enough to create & then grab opportunities, consistently applying
even to companies that have rejected you earlier with an improved version of yourself, making learning
in every context a continuous & never-ending process.
- Every application, every interview & every rejection too teaches you many things. Identifying the
learning & improving yourself from thereon is essential for growth.
- Unimaginable & unexpected things also do happen. For these things as well, you are the main source.
- Belief | Patience | Persistence are the essentials for life.
Few MOTIVATING QUOTES to end the article
- One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is
- Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.
- A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.
- I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.
- Every experience in your life is being orchestrated to teach you something you need to know to
- Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Also check out the below blogs for more information on,
- Transferring Money to your Coracle Blocked Account using InstaRem
- Transferring Money in 1-2 business days
- FAQ – Free Travel Insurance offered by Coracle